Skills Workshop: Training Resources in Uterine Evacuation
Note to all participants and student leaders: these workshops are not intended to replace formal skills training and do not suffice for “competency”. They are intended to introduce students to these skills, and build their understanding of steps involved.
Papaya Workshop Resources:
- Overview of Papaya Workshop
- The Papaya Workshop: Facilitator Guide
- Training in MVA using papayas
- Papaya Workshop Role Play
- TEACH Early Abortion Training Workbook
- Performing Uterine Evacuation:
- IpasUniversity: Uterine evacuation and MVA follow-up courses*
*Please note: Your ability to access certain material may be restricted if you are a citizen of the U.S.
- Medication Abortion
- Pain Management with MVA
- Endometrial biopsy: procedure module
- Miscarriage Management
Workshop Leaders: Ideally, you will find a faculty member or clinician who can lead this workshop. Please contact NSFC to assist you in finding a workshop facilitator in your area.
- Utilize supplies from Paragard/IUD workshop for Papaya workshop
- Contact Ryan or Family Planning Fellowship program at your school for supplies and leaders