ACE Project Elective Funding Proposal Template
Credit: Kathryn Tanner, Kendra Joseph-Rogers, Rachel Allen, Angela DiLaura
Person Presenting the Proposal:
Name of Group & Proposed Activity:
“Leadership Series in Sexual and Reproductive Health”
Proposed Event/Meeting Date:
A ten-week lecture series on Wednesday evenings at Six PM OR Tuesday evenings at seven PM. Syllabus with schedule below.
Entry To Practice nursing students, Nurse Practitioner Students of all specialties and any interested public health and medical students.
Learning Outcomes of Proposed Event/Activity:
1. A greater understanding of current reproductive health issues for people in the medical field facilitated by experts in the field.
2. Specialized skills/tools for specific procedures or counseling.
3. De-stigmatization through skill-sharing and education around reproductive health issues.
Please use the space below to briefly describe the event details or meeting agenda:
We are proposing to have a ten week lecture series on various reproductive health topics that will be outlined below. These will be to enhance the nursing education we are receiving pooling from the excellent community resources we have at (School Name) University and in (School Location). This program will be very similar to programs proposed by students at UCSF, Yale, OHSU, U Penn, overseen by the organization Nursing Students for Choice. At the end of the ten week series we will be able to offer the student who participate a certificate of completion.
Will (School Name) Nursing faculty be used as a resource? If so, in what capacity?:
Our new faculty advisor “…”, is in full support of this program and will be one of our lecturers for the adolescent counseling workshop. We are also planning to incorporate “…” and “…” in our abortion 101 workshop and, as we are in the planning stages, we will look for other resources at the School of Nursing, and the School of Public Health.
How will this event be communicated to students to garner participation?
We plan to start with a survey to see if there is general interest in such a program and also to get the word out about the program. We will also advertise primarily through social media (the different nursing program’s facebook groups) and through word of mouth. We plan to hold an interest/info session before winter break to gauge commitment and get people excited for the curriculum.
Will you be requesting funds from the Office of Student Activities for this event?
If yes, how will the proposed funds be used?
- Speaker fees
- IUD workshop supplies
- Papaya workshop supplies
- Food and drink for events/sessions
- Parking passes for speakers
Use this space to provide additional information regarding the event logistics, speakers, agenda or anything else you would like the Office of Student Activities to make note of:
Proposed Curriculum: TENTATIVE
- Jan 27: Oppression in United States Reproductive Healthcare – Health Care Disparities
- Feb 3: Trans-health Workshop
- Feb 10: Do no harm, do harm reduction: A guide for health and service professionals to working with people in the sex trade
- Feb 17: Disabilities and Repro Health
- Feb 24: Adolescent Counseling/ Options counseling
- March 3: Abortion 101 and Hands on Papaya Workshop
- March 10: Sexuality and Orgasm/ Female pain
- March 24: Abortion and the Law: ACLU, Center for Reproductive Health
- March 31: Panel of Reproductive Health Providers!