“Thank you for this opportunity. I would not have attended the conference without your generous support. I have no doubt that I learned many new ways of looking at women’s rights, protecting choice, giving accurate information on contraception options, and the list goes on.”
“….hearing people, providers and counselors speak about their personal experiences made the whole concept of abortion and family planning more real for me; less about political and social ideology and more about the lives and well-being of actual women and families.”
For the last seven years, NSFC has created funding opportunities for students to attend reproductive health (including abortion-care specific) conferences across North America. Students attend a wide variety of conferences where they are able to gain new knowledge, network, and have deeply profound experiences. If you want to attend a local, regional or national conference and need funding assistance, please fill out this form. Since funding our first student, we have sent over 500 students to conferences across the country including:
- National Abortion Federation Conference / Clinicians for Choice Conference
- Civil Liberties and Public Policy: From Abortion Rights to Social Justice, Building the Movement for Reproductive Freedom Conference
- Medical Students for Choice Conference
- Gay and Lesbian Medical Association (GLMA) Conference
- Association of Reproductive Health Professionals (ARHP) Conference
- American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM) Conference
- Planned Parenthood Family Planning Meeting.
“Nursing Students for Choice has been identified by the nursing leadership who are responsible for moving comprehensive sexual and reproductive health forward nationally as the go-to organization for collaboration and dissemination.”
~ Monica McLemore, PhD, MPH, RN, UCSF Assistant Professor, School of Nursing In addition to attending other 2015 conferences, NSFC members will have the opportunity to attend the 3rd Annual NSFC Conference in Minneapolis, MN this fall. Keep checking back this summer and early fall for more. Also, be sure to ‘Like’ us on Facebook at facebook.com/NursingStudentsForChoice and follow us on Twitter @ReproNurses2B for up-to-date info! Organizations interested in tabling, providing materials, or supporting the NSSRH Conference should contact Karmann Peters.