Each year, Advocates for Youth is honored to host an online Abortion Speakout where people from around the country share stories of their experiences with abortion. And this year, as attacks on abortion are more and more frequent and vicious, the Speakout is more important than ever.
Some amazing folks are participating in the Speakout this year. Along with storytellers from around the nation, we are pleased to welcome:
- Lizz Winstead, comedian and co-creator of the Daily Show
- Shanelle Matthews, Director of Communications for the Black Lives Matter Global Network
- Amelia Bonow of Shout Your Abortion
- Winnie Holzman, award winning dramatist, creator of My So Called Life, and playwright of the new play Choice
- Yamani Hernandez, Executive Director of the National Network of Abortion Funds
- Sriya Sarkar, comedian and filmmaker
- DC Council Member David Grosso.
On Tuesday, when it airs, it would be amazing if you could send some love to the storytellers on social media using the hashtag #1in3speaks. Telling one’s story publicly can be very intimidating and it is great to have the public support of others in the movement.
Director, Youth Organizing and Mobilization
Advocates for Youth
Treasurer, NSSRH Board of Directors